Day 1: Cusco – Lares – Quishuarani
Early morning rise. Our guide will pick you up from your hotel and we drive through the Sacred Valley turning off at the town of Calca to head to Lares village – the drive takes around 3 hours. Once we arrive into the town we go up to the Hot Springs where we can relax and enjoy these beautiful outdoor hot springs. Lunch is provided here. Our bus awaits us during this time and we then continue our journey for around 20mins to the start of the trail known as PASCANA. From here we start our hike to Quishaurani. Here we meet up with our horseman and pack the horses. The trek will take us around 2.5hrs. When we arrive our campsite would have been set up for us. In the free time that we have we can meet some of the locals “campesinos” and see some weaving techniques. This is a lovely day filled with great landscapes and the opportunity to visit several Andean villages. (Lunch, Dinner)
- Total distance: 14 km
- Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours
- Maximum altitude point: Cusco (3,350m) – Lares (3,100m) – Quishuarani (3,700m)
Day 2: Quishuarani – Cancha Cancha
This morning we depart early as this is going to be our longest day on the trail. We will hike approx. 7 hours today with a midday lunch break. We start our ascent to the highest point of the trek, Pachacutec Pass (4,450m). From the pass you will be rewarded with superb views of Pachacutec Lake and the snowy peaks of Pitusiray, Sawasiray and Chicon. The path then continues down hill for about 2.5hrs to the village of Cancha Cancha where we have our campsite waiting for us. Today you have a chance to see an abundance of wildlife, fauna and flora. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Total distance: 12km
- Estimated walking time: 7-8 hours
- Maximum altitude point: Quishuarani – Cancha Cancha (3,800m)
Day 3: Cancha Cancha – Huaran – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
After a delicious breakfast we start our easy hike today. We will walk down hill for approx. 5 hours hiking to the village of Huaran. From there we take local transport to the town of Ollantaytambo – a beautiful well preserved Andean town. Depending on your train time, you will have some time to explore before boarding the train to Aguas Calientes. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Total distance: 12 km (5,94 miles)
- Estimated walking time: 6,7 hours
- Maximum altitude point: Cancha Cancha – Huaran (2,800m) – Ollantaytambo (2,700m) – Aguas Calientes
Day 4: Machu Picchu! – Cusco
Early wake Up (by 05: 30 a.m.), Breakfast and after to leave our Luggage at the Hotel, we will take the early Tourist bus Up to Machu Picchu, of Course with a guide English speaking, Usually we use to get Machu Picchu by 6: 50 a.m., so from this time we will be able to visit Machu Picchu of course at this time Machu Picchu is pretty empty and we will have the best chance to enjoy the beauty and the magic of Machu Picchu, because at this time is quiet.A guided tour of about 2: 30 hours, and then you will have “happy hour time”, to explore by yourself the whole site for about 3 hours and there is time as well to climb Huayna Picchu mountain and get the best view over Machu Picchu it takes 1: 40 minutes round trip time, or option to go to the temple of the moon which is located behind Huayna Picchu Mountain.
Then We suggest that after visiting Machu Picchu that you take the bus down to Aguas Calientes by 14:00 at the latest (assuming train departs at 15:55). Buses depart every 15 minutes. Check with the guide for actual times. Getting Cusco city by 9:00 p.m aprox, there we will provide transfer to Your Hostel, End of the services.
- Total distance: 4 km (2,49 miles)
- Estimated walking time: Visit Machu picchu
- Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (8,829 ft)
- Campsite altitude: Machu picchu citadel 2,400 m (7,872 ft)
Include / Not include
- Professional Bilingual Guide.
- Private bus from Cusco Calca Lares(Beginning of the trail)
- Horses to carry the equipment.
- Horses and horsemen to equipment
- Camping equipment (tents, mattresses, tables and seats cooking tent and eating tent).
- Excellent meals (03 breakfast / 03 lunches / 03 dinners).
- First aid kit and Oxygen balloon.
- 1 night in Aguas Calientes Town in a basic hostel
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Tourist Train ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- 7 kilos per person and duffle bags
- Breakfast Day 1, Lunch and dinner day 4
- Bus Tkts Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu
- Optional sleeping bag 15 USD per person
- Hot springs
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BRING:
- Backpack and sleeping bag.
- Hiking shoes or boots
- Rain coat or poncho.
- Warm clothes.
- Insect repellent.
- Sun block, sun glasses and hat.
- Water bottle.
- Water purifying tables.
- Flash light and knife.
- Towel and toilet paper.
- Snacks (chocolates, candies, cookies and others).
- Personal Medical Kit.
- Extra soles for last dinner, and last lunch in Aguas Calientes Town and Hot Springs.
- PRICE PER PERSONA IN AMERICAN DOLLARS
- PAYMENTS WHIT CREDIT CARD: 6% RECHARGE